Staff Nurses-Medical /Surgical wards
United Kingdom / Code: EPRO00038
The client is looking for Staff Nurses for their Medical and Surgical departments.
Medical wards: Renal, Elderly, Respiratory, Cardiology, Stroke, Gastro, etc
Surgical: General Surgery, Trauma&Orthopaedics, Ambulatory, Neurosurgery, etc
- To be part of the team delivering high quality nursing care to each individual resident.
- Must be on the live register of An Bord Altrainais or NMBI
- Ensure to adhere to all Health and Safety recommendations while carrying out your duties.
- To have a flexible attitude to work, be able to work without direct supervision and on your own initiative.
- Complete all training set up by the Director of Nursing.
- Follow all policies and procedures set up by Elm Green Nursing Home.
- Follow guidelines for safe drug administration.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary team in relation to resident care.
- Responsible for wound care including measurement and documentation
- Document daily of EpicCare system as per training.
- Respect confidentiality of all residents and staff matter.
- Work in the best interest of the residents at all times.
- Order medications as per policy of Elm Green Nursing Home.
- Complete and document all work before completing your shift.
- Report all changes/abnormalities to the Director of Nursing.
- Work with and help all caring staff on each shift.
- Give detailed handover to nurse coming on duty.
- Ensure proper control of MDA drugs as per Elm Green Nursing Home’s policy.
- Attempt to get shift covered if staff member phones in sick.
- Deliver a high standard of care to all residents.
- Ensuring caring staff are completing their duties to expected standard.
- Report all concerns relating to staff, residents or relatives or other to the Director of Nursing and follow instructions:
Elm Green Nursing Home relies upon the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards currently being achieved. As such, this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties; it does not form part of your contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered necessary from time to time.
Health & Safety
- A candidate must be free from any defect or disease which would render him/her unsuitable to hold the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render a regular and efficient service.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Health, Fire and Safety Procedures and to remain vigilant to possible risks and ensure that anything of a suspicious nature is reported to the Director of Nursing.
- Maintain high level of Standards, Personal Hygiene, Appearance and conduct.
- To attend all meetings and training courses requested by the Director of Nursing.
- To continuously seek to improve your department’s efficient operation and standards.
- To assist with observing security measures of the Nursing Home and report anything that may appear suspicious.
- To ensure all maintenance needs are reported to the Maintenance Manager / Director of Nursing.