Dublin / Ireland / Code: EPJ02297Solliciteren
Senior Test & Quality Engineer
Salary: €40,000 plus dependant on experience & joining bonus
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
*VISA Sponsorship / work permit available*
Working within and supervising the operations/production/quality department this position primarily involves the support of Clients products for manufacture, customer support and new product introduction. This is done in accordance with defined test procedures and customer specific hardware and software requirements.
New product introduction involves ensuring new product is ready for sub-contract manufacture and all the documentation, procedures and test is in place for this. It also involves providing training and support to the subcontract manufacturer as required.
The role also involves working to ensure the highest product quality levels. Attention to detail, close adherence to quality standards, maintenance of quality records and documentation are essential aspects and a good knowledge of ISO9001 is required.
The ideal candidate will be looking to progress through the company to a higher management level within the next 2 years.
- Ensure delivery of quality product to the end customer in a timely manner.
- NPI – work closely with hardware and software groups on the successful and timely introduction of new products.
- Assist in component verification and validation.
- Manage product validation and certification.
- Development of production test equipment
- Responsible for customer failure analysis
- Determine root cause and drive and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Identify and drive product and process quality and cost improvements.
- Process non-conforming product and document same.
- Give technical guidance to production technicians.
- Assist in the decision-making process related to New Products especially with regard to manufacturability and test.
- Provide support to contract manufacturer, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product.
- Inspect, test, pack and process all products as per guidelines.
- Maintain records for all products including test results and quality inspections.
- Receive, document, analyse and process RMA products in a timely manner.
- Supervisory responsibilities, support and mentoring of team members.
Background and Experience:
The candidate must have several years’ experience in a production/quality/test/RMA environment with a proven track record and ability to perform to the highest standards. Supervisory experience and a proven track record of managing a team required.
Education and Qualifications:
• Diploma / Degree in electronic/computer engineering or equivalent
Additional Skills/Personal Characteristics: e.g.
- A results-driven individual with the ability to handle varied workload.
- The ability to work independently - self-motivated.
- A systematic and logical approach to work activity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality standards.
- Both team and customer focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage a team
- Skilled in the use of various test equipment tools, logic analyser; curve tracer, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Solid rework and soldering skills.
- Competency in Microsoft tools, Word, Excel, Project etc.
- 25 days holiday
- 3% pension contribution
- Discretionary bonus based on personal and company performance
- Joining bonus